Accounting Assistant - - Raleigh, North Carolina (Corporate Office)
Posted September 5, 2022
As an Accounting Assistant you will assist the Property Controller in the daily, monthly, and annual accounting processes for an assigned group of hotels. The position reports directly to the Property Controller.
Accounts Payable Management:
- Verify accuracy of invoices entered in the system as to amount, general ledger coding, date, vendor name and address, terms, and proper approval. Make all necessary changes to postings in accounts payable as directed by the Property Controller.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and payment requests promptly.
- Maintain complete and accurate paid invoice files by vendor.
- Oversee the accounts payable processing in the field.
- Process manual payments as directed by Property Controller, VP/Controller or CFO.
- Maintain assigned bank reconciliations on a current basis.
- Report any significant variances immediately to Property Controller.
Sales & Use Tax Returns:
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly sales tax, use tax, and local occupancy tax returns as directed by Property Controller.
Daily Revenue Reports:
- Review, correct, and post daily revenue journals on a daily basis.
Group Insurance Billings:
- Calculate and process monthly group insurance billings for Concord and third party administrator.
- Assist Property Controller with period end financial reports and closings as directed.
Responsible for generating end of period reports on a timely basis.
Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Concord Hospitality organization.
Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Concord Hospitality Associate Handbook.
- Operate a calculator and computer.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and pertinent hotel information.
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Concord Hospitality invests in its associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Our associates are what our company is built on, and we are proud to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist. Concord is built on 5 cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and FUN! Our associates say it best with our national company cheer heard throughout North America ---
“We Are Concord! ”We support diversity and inclusion through our mission to be a “Great Place to Work for All."
Salary range: $17.29 - $21.61
11410 Common Oaks Drive
Raleigh, NC 27614
Telephone (919) 455-2900
Careers and Hospitality Job Opportunities with Concord
Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company is an award-winning hotel management and development company. Through the combined efforts of over 4,200 hard working and focused associates, Concord offers a unique blend of entrepreneurship, seasoned experience, innovation and technical excellence. These elements create a company equipped to produce above-standard returns, market sustainability and a partnership well worth investing in.
Since Concord's inception in 1985, our success has been guided by our cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and Fun. These cornerstones are the indispensible and fundamental basis of our daily actions. Our commitment to these cornerstones has led us to be recognized as the respected hospitality company that we are.
Concord is one of North America's largest hotel management and hotel development companies. Concord's passion for success has resulted in over twenty years of proven results as a hotel owner, manager, and developer of mid market and first class hotel properties. Concord's goal is to create value for its partners and associates by leveraging its operations, development, sales & marketing, technology, accounting, and management skills over its growing portfolio of first-class business hotels.
Concord has experienced sustained growth of a remarkable 35% annually for three years in a row and with over half a billion in new hotel projects in the pipeline, that number is projected to increase noticeably. Additionally, Concord is expanding its portfolio through third party management contracts with leading brand partners such as Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, Choice and Intercontinental Hotels. These growth opportunities have presented themselves to Concord based on our strong relationships with investment partners.