Lead Mixologist - Dorian
Posted June 23, 2022
- Work closely with the Restaurant General Managers to ensures smooth and flawless operation of the Bar and Restaurant
- Design and craft cutting edge cocktails for Prologue Cafe|Cocktails, and The Wilde. Deploy a refined approach with techniques, ingredients and presentation to create a culture that creates trends, and doesn't follow them
- Complete all bartender duties
- Develop a complete working knowledge of all products served in the bar
- Ensure that all details of service are performed by the bartenders to expected standards and that every guest receives the highest quality of service
- Train bartenders and service team to ensure beverage knowledge and service levels are to standard
- Drive cocktail menu changes to ensure fresh, innovative and seasonally accurate cocktails are available on the menu
- Assist with beverage procurement, beverage costing
- Contribute to shift briefings as required as well as lead staff training sessions for all beverage products
- Complete product requisitions accurately and maintain bar beverage inventory control
- Ensure proper pouring, mixing, blending of drinks in line with Alberta law
- Monitor bar opening and closing duties
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Work to consistently meet the goals and performance metrics as required for this position, as outlined by your supervisor.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek to comply with company’s policies and procedures.
- 3-5 years bartending in a high-end liquor service establishment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older for the purpose of serving alcohol.
- Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry.
- A passion for combining elixirs and creating extraordinary cocktails.
- Excellent knowledge of wines, spirits, beer and mixed drinks
- Highly organized with attention to detail and excels in a fast-paced environment, with a desire to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Exceptionally strong service skills to ensure superior guest service while recognizing the value of the guest and associates.
- Strong communication, presentation skills, creativity and story-telling a key attribute in promoting The Dorian, Autograph Collection.
- Completion of, or willing to complete, ProServe Liquor Training.
- Meet physical demands of the position; ability to lift at least 30 pounds regularly, stand and walk for long periods of time and twist, bend, squat, and stretch to perform routine tasks.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, LTD, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist
525 5th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3R7
More than Calgary’s newest luxe hotel, The Dorian will reflect – and help define – the best the city has to offer. Vibrant and contemporary, yet warm and friendly – the combination of design-forward architecture and tailored guest experiences will place it among the best hotels in the world, boosting Calgary’s growing reputation as a must-see international destination.
The Dorian will be two hotels in one beautiful tower. The upper-portion Autograph will blend modern luxury with British whimsy and local flavour, including Calgary’s first 27th floor lobby complete with resto-lounge and rooftop patio. The lower-portion Courtyard will cater to sophisticated urban adventurers and business professionals seeking more for their travel dollars. More than anything, The Dorian will be a hotel with a soul. One that cares about its community, and connecting guests with memorable, warm, and fun Calgary people and experiences.