Posted June 21, 2022
We are hiring a Director of Catering Sales.
SUMMARY: Oversee the Catering Department to maximize catering sales revenue for the Hotel.
This position will be responsible for forecasting potential catering business and then developing a catering departmental budget and plans to support catering and sales activities for the property. Oversight of a catering team and establishing team and individual goals for catering revenues.
- Maintains existing key accounts through customer calls and Catering/Sales Department follow through for revenue
- Follows up on all leads and monitor all tentative business until definite commitment.
- Maintains records of lost business so that trends may be spotted and analyzed for corrective improvements.
- Continually stresses maximization of hotel revenues to those in responsible sales positions.
- Develops catering/sales budget for the hotel.
- Analyzing and studying the competition to help maintain competitiveness.
- Provides input to advertising agency for development of advertising schedules and coordinated internal promotions with corporate approval, as appropriate.
- Acts as a consultant to the Food and Beverage Director regarding lounge and restaurant advertising and promotion.
- Providing period end revenue reports on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures and Concord policies are followed.
- Ensures timely reporting of all incentive sales results and programs.
- Assists in training associates in the Catering/Sales Department how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities.
- Assists with developing catering room sales goals by market segment and average check for the marketing plan.
- Develops overall sales action plan for the catering effort for all exiting markets and prospects potential markets.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Maintains records on cancellations and turndown reports, analyzes these reports quarterly.
- Maintains competition analysis binder and shop competition weekly.
- Monitor and maintain catering dairy for accuracy.
- Responds to correspondence from customers, prospects, and corporate offices relating to catering/sales activity.
- Assists in producing the budget for the Catering/Sales/Marketing department.
- Assists with preparing weekly forecast for banquet functions.
- Provide walking tours to potential customers of the hotel’s rooms and banquet facilities.
- Participates in monthly department meeting, property MOD program, weekly staff meeting, weekly sales meeting.
Salary Range: $63,000 - $79,000
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
933 Skokie Boulevard
Northbrook, IL 60062
Telephone (847) 498-6500
Spacious rooms and suites, curated amenities and an ideal location in Northbrook, IL, combine for spectacular results at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel. Ideally situated on the North Shore of Chicago, we offer an optimal location for guests visiting the area. Enjoy seamless access to premier dining and shopping, the Chicago Botanic Garden, Ravinia Park and an array of Fortune 500 companies. With a modern, 24-hour fitness center and a heated indoor pool, our hotel is perfect for travelers wishing to prioritize their well-being while they visit Northbrook or nearby Winnetka.
Partake in all-day dining at Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, our signature eatery, or visit Ruth's Chris Steak House for iconic steakhouse fare. With more than 19,000 square feet of event space, our hotel is also a leading destination for meetings and weddings on the North Shore. Sleep soundly in modern accommodations that feature sleek bathrooms, plush beds and contemporary amenities and wake up refreshed in Chicago.