Human Resources / Administrative Coordinator (AAA Four Diamond Renaissance Hotel - Wauwatosa)
Posted June 10, 2022
Your Path Begins Here
At Renaissance Hotels, inspiration comes from the unexpected. Embrace spontaneity and discovery and celebrate connection with the destination. Join a welcoming and motivated team of Ambassadors who embody the spirit and style of the local neighborhood.
Renaissance Milwaukee West, a AAA Four Diamond premium distinctive hotel, is seeking an energized and detail oriented Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator with a passion to serve others!
The hotel is managed by Concord Hospitality Enterprises, one of the most respected franchisees in the industry. At Concord, we strive to create a culture that allows us to attract and retain the best people in the industry. It’s that culture that has built the outstanding team and has made us the successful company we are today.
Here are some of the great benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off Annually - Begin Accruing Immediately!
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Travel Discounts Worldwide
- Same-Day Pay Option
- 401(k) with company contribution – free money!
- Exclusive discounts on concert tickets, theme park passes, rental cars, and more
- Verizon wireless discount
- Free parking in structure and easy access to public transportation
- Complimentary and deeply discounted food and beverage
- Deeply discounted dry cleaning services
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance with multiple plan choices to best fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group life insurance (provided by the company)
- Short-term disability insurance (provided by the company)
- Voluntary life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Personal and professional developmental opportunities; classroom training, online training, and educational assistance program
- Responsible for Human Resources administrative duties pertaining to HRIS system, payroll, associate records maintenance, associate communication, benefits eligibility, and new hire orientation. Also assists with Accounting administrative duties and other related projects and functions, as needed.
- Assist with various pre-employment administrative tasks such as phone interviews, requesting background checks, and confirming orientation details.
- Conduct new hire orientation; compile and review new hire information packets, complete Form I-9, submit E-Verify, and oversee first day computer-based training.
- Assist in conducting group training sessions (e.g., new hire orientation, annual training, Renaissance brand training).
- Assist in maintaining and uploading human resources records in HR database (Ultimate Software/UKG Pro); record new hires, transfers, terminations, job status changes, merit increases, etc.
- Submit orders for various associate items such as name badges and safety shoes.
- Maintain benefit eligibility tracking and follow up to ensure associates complete online enrollment. Assist associates with enrollment and/or benefits questions, as needed.
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records in Kronos; assist managers to resolve missed punches, ensure accurate departmental transfers, etc. Audit paper documentation to electronic Kronos entries.
- Submit final approval of time and attendance for payroll processing, ensuring accurate and complete records.
- Assist in inputting payroll deductions such as garnishments, shoe deductions, and incentives.
- May assist in reconciliation and accuracy of payroll data and reports (in absence of Human Resources Director). Solve problems concerning payroll, answer inquiries, and enforce payroll policies.
- Execute a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Help maintain data integrity in payroll system by running queries and analyzing data.
- Acknowledge associate life events by ordering flowers, sending cards, or other established procedures, when occasions arise.
- May assist accounting with preparing daily income journal, inputting invoices, updating checkbooks, data entry, maintaining month end files, and deposit preparation.
- Assist with distribution of mail, checks, etc.
- Ensure appearance is professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in HR Coordinator, Specialist, or Payroll position.
- Recruiting database / HRIS administrative experience preferred.
- Experience in hospitality industry a plus.
- Flexible availability required.
- This position will generally require 1st shift availability; occasional variations to scheduled hours, with notice.
- Availability to work every other Saturday required (for time and attendance approval).
- The pay for this position is up to $21.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. We hire the best associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment for all. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
2300 North Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
The premium distinctive,196-room hotel includes amenities such as a concierge lounge, a fitness room, and beautiful event spaces including a 4,500 square-foot grand ballroom. The property also showcases a one-of-a-kind destination restaurant, Eldr+Rime.