Posted June 8, 2022
We are hiring a hotel Accounting Clerk
We are looking for associates and Leaders that have a passion to serve others!
An Accounting Clerk is responsible for responding to guest inquiries, resolving guest billing disputes, performing month-end duties and preparing daily receivables in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Accounting Clerk, you would be responsible for responding to guest inquiries, resolving guest billing disputes, performing month-end duties and preparing daily receivables in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Respond to guest inquiries, charge inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Research and resolve guest billing disputes in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Prepare and complete all month-end responsibilities, including but not limited to, preparing reports and setting up late bills
• Prepare and post daily receivables from event contracts and balance totals to the General Ledger
• Coordinate and verify receiving tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature
• Review all final statements for accuracy, make necessary corrections and mail sales contracts to clients in a timely manner
• Prepare journal entries
• Answer guest service calls, contact guests via telephone, complete telephone request forms and send correspondence/folios to guests (e-mail, facsimile, mail, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent with knowledge of basic accounting. Computer literate. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must have command of the English language, written and verbal. Must have mathematical skills. Must be proficient and experienced with current computer software programs.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
One Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Telephone (201) 395-0500
Your New Favorite Getaway in Jersey City
Hyatt House Jersey City is a residentially inspired, extended-stay hotel in Jersey City with spacious and modern suites featuring home-like amenities. Appreciate the convenience of being minutes from Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty or a quick commute to the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. With Exchange Place District being right outside our door, dining and shopping is at your fingertips.