Dual Front Office Manager
Posted June 7, 2022
We are hiring a Front Office Manager.
The Guest Services Manager/Front Office Manager is responsible for the success of the front desk, for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met, and for managing all areas of the hotel according to Brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Displays exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Essential Job Functions :
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest services in responding promptly to guest needs.
• Is committed to making every guest satisfied.
• Ensures all hotel staff, including new hires, know all components of guest services and are trained to meet standards.
• Develops added value customer service programs.
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
• Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
Front Desk Management
• Acts as manager on duty for hotel and manages front desk operations.
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and computer systems.
• Leads and assists in Revenue Management functions as requested. Actively participates in conference calls with Corporate Management and any calls with brand revenue management centers
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables.
• Produce accurate financial reports on time.
• Works with the General Manager and Sales Manager / DOS to generate new business ideas to increase sales, set up rate codes and input rooming lists
• Manages human resources functions, including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk work force.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
• Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
• Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
• Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security
• Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards in the hotel, such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognizes and corrects potential security problems in the hotel, such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others follow them.
• Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
• Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs. Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
• Has acceptable property quality audits.
• Periodically inspect rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
At Concord Hospitality, we offer competitive wages and full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K program, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates. We are associate-focused, meaning that as we make decisions, we think about how these decisions will impact our associates. We realize the importance of work-life balance, we understand that transparency is key, giving back in the communities in which we live, means a great deal to us, and lastly…let’s make sure we have FUN! We encourage diversity and belonging and appreciate that we all are different and our differences are what make us great! Concord Hospitality has also earned the recognition of being a GREAT PLACE TO WORK for Millennials and Great Places to Work for Women!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
371 Washington Street
Woburn, MA 01801
Telephone (781) 933-1990
Welcome to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Woburn, located just off Interstate 95 and only 11 miles to Boston Logan International Airport. Our hotel is just a short trip to all of the excitement in the greater Boston area. Visit nearby Cummings Business Park, Woburn Mall and TD BankNorth Garden. Be close to Boston attractions including the New England Aquarium, Freedom Trail, Fenway Park, Salem Witch Museum, Stone Zoo, Tufts University and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites are equipped with modern furnishings and thoughtful amenities including complimentary WiFi access, Smart HDTVs, sofa bed and a fully functional kitchen in every guest room so you can feel at home.