Human Resources / Accounting Manager
Posted January 14, 2022
As an active business partner to our General Manager, you will participate in the hotel management executive committee.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement annual HR objectives, participate in the budget process as it relates to staffing, productivity, benefit costs, and employee/labor relations costs.
- Partner with hotel leaders to maintain a positive work environment. Ensure adherence to Concord’s personnel-related policies & procedures and uphold HR philosophies regarding employee relations and disciplinary processes.
- Facilitate open associate communications, providing an open door policy for all. Resolve staff complaints. Provide guidelines and direction relative to the disciplinary process and corrective action. Monitor staff turnover and make recommendations for related improvements.
- Direct and oversee overall hotel recruitment and hiring activities and strategies for all exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate hotel training programs that provide for specific skills training and management/supervisory development, including anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training.
- Direct administration of performance appraisals in all departments. Maintain hotel's human resources information system so as to provide accurate employee records that comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Monitor hotel's compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Promote awareness of Concord’s safety culture with hotel associates.
- Conduct wage & salary surveys for the local market as needed.
- Ensure compliance with company’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Oversee and investigate employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, workers' compensation and comparable state and local laws, and general human and civil rights.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
123 W. 28th Street
New York, NY 10001
Telephone (212) 244-4477
Located in Manhattan's hip Chelsea neighborhood, the Cambria® Hotel New York - Chelsea is a perfect option for travelers who want modern accommodations and easy access to top NYC destinations.
- Meeting space
- Rooftop lounge
- Full-service restaurant and bar
- CustomFit™ state-of-the-art fitness center
Stylish guest rooms offer:
- Microwave and refrigerator
- Sofa bed (some rooms)
- Work desk
- Coffee maker
- Flat-screen HDTV
Our location makes us a perfect business hotel since we're near large corporate offices and tech startups in midtown and the Flatiron district. We're also minutes away from popular attractions like the Statue of Liberty, High Line and:
- Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Empire State Building
- Times Square
- Madison Square Garden