Front Office Manager - Marriott University of Dayton / Dayton OH - Sign On Bonus/6 months, $100/month Perfect Attendance!
Posted January 14, 2022
We are hiring a Front Desk or Guest Care Manager at the Marriott at the University of Dayton!
We are looking for associates and Leaders that have a passion to serve others! Working at the front desk means you are at the hub of the hotel with the most interaction with our guests as the front desk supervisor you are the one that brings this group to a cohesive team focused on providing our guests excellent service while maintaining all brand standards and Concord standards. Your role is key to the overall experience the guest will have.Your keen sense of being proactive, responsive and caring will make all the difference. If you enjoy engaging with others, leading a team and have a winning personality and high sense of responsibility – this role is perfect for you!We have a great company culture at Concord Hospitality where everyone is valued and treated with respect. Many of our FOM’s advance in a couple years to Assistant General Manager roles!
The Guest Services Manager/Front Office Manager is responsible for the success of the front desk, for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met, and for managing all areas of the hotel according to Brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Displays exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Essential Job Functions :
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest services in responding promptly to guest needs.
• Is committed to making every guest satisfied.
• Ensures all hotel staff, including new hires, know all components of guest services and are trained to meet standards.
• Develops added value customer service programs.
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
• Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
Front Desk Management
• Acts as manager on duty for hotel and manages front desk operations.
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and computer systems.
• Leads and assists in Revenue Management functions as requested. Actively participates in conference calls with Corporate Management and any calls with brand revenue management centers
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables.
• Produce accurate financial reports on time.
• Works with the General Manager and Sales Manager / DOS to generate new business ideas to increase sales, set up rate codes and input rooming lists
• Manages human resources functions, including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk work force.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
• Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
• Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
• Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security
• Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards in the hotel, such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognizes and corrects potential security problems in the hotel, such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others follow them.
• Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
• Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs. Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
• Has acceptable property quality audits.
• Periodically inspect rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
We offer competitive wages. Full-time associates are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance, discounted room rates at Concord managed hotels, plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market. At Concord, you can enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
You take pride in your work, the hotel, and your employer to make sure we exceed our guests’ expectations. If this is you, we want you to contact us... Now!
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
1414 South Patterson Boulevard
Dayton, OH 45409
Telephone (937) 223-1000
The redesign celebrates Dayton’s rich history of flight experiencing tributes to Orville and Wilbur Wright’s first plane design. After visiting the area or attending a conference, grab your favorite coffee or appease your hunger with locally-inspired cuisine and brew at our on-site restaurant Dewberry 1850. During free time, discover the surrounding area of aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force, Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park and more. With 15,000 square feet of brilliant meeting space, we can host memorable corporate and social events, complete with professional planning and catering services.