Front Office Manager
Posted January 14, 2022
Your Path Begins Here
At Renaissance Hotels, inspiration comes from the unexpected. Embrace spontaneity and discovery and celebrate connection with the destination. Join a welcoming and motivated team of Ambassadors who embody the spirit and style of the local neighborhood.
Renaissance Milwaukee West, a new premium distinctive hotel is seeking an energized and curious minded Front Office Manager to lead our Reception Team.
We are looking Leaders with a passion to serve others! Leading Guest Reception, your role is key to the overall experience the guest will have. Your keen sense of being proactive, responsive and caring will make all the difference. If you enjoy engaging with others, leading a team and have a winning personality and high sense of responsibility – this role is perfect for you!
The hotel is managed by Concord Hospitality Enterprises, one of the most respected franchisees in the industry. At Concord, we strive to create a culture that allows us to attract and retain the best people in the industry. It’s that culture that has built the outstanding team and has made us the successful company we are today.
Here are some of the great benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off Annually - Begin Accruing Immediately!
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Same-Day Pay Option
- Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance with multiple plan choices to best fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group life insurance (provided by the company)
- Short-term disability (provided by the company)
- Voluntary life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution – free money!
- Exclusive discounts on concert tickets, theme park passes, rental cars, and more
- Verizon wireless discount
- Free parking in structure and easy access to public transportation
- Complimentary and discounted food and beverage
- Safety shoe discount
- Deeply discounted dry clean services
- Clean and secure locker room for personal belongings
- Personal and professional developmental opportunities; classroom training, online training, and educational assistance program
- The Front Office Manager is responsible for the success of the Front Office operations, ensuring superior guest satisfaction and product quality, under the direction of the General Manager.
- Oversee front office operations and staff including guest reception, night audit, concierge, and bellperson services.
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest services by responding promptly and anticipating guest needs.
- Demonstrate Concord and Renaissance brand values in daily leadership, maintaining a positive, effective, and efficient environment.
- Responsible for selecting, training, developing, coaching, and motivating front office staff.
- Schedule the department to business volume with ongoing management of time and attendance.
- Act as Manager on Duty as required.
- Produce and maintain accurate financial records; reconcile daily cash log and night audit reports.
- Compile guest satisfaction data. Continually analyze to reinforce areas of strength. Proactively identify and resolve areas of opportunity. Anticipate guest trends and needs.
- Develop effective departmental communication and information systems through the use of communication logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Maintain continual communication between all departments within the hotel to ensure a consistent and cohesive guest experience.
- Complete duties of direct reports, as needed. Support reception at peak times by answering the telephone and assisting with check-ins and check-outs. Perform night auditor duties, as required.
- Lead and assist in Revenue Management functions as requested. Actively participate in conference calls with Corporate Management and/or brand revenue management centers.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing to generate new initiatives to increase sales, set-up rate codes and input rooming lists.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures. Assist in training staff accordingly.
- Work closely with loss prevention team to meet guest security needs.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience in a full service hotel, within the Rooms Division.
- Flexible availability is required (including evenings and weekends).
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. We hire the best associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment for all. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
2300 North Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
The premium distinctive,196-room hotel includes amenities such as a concierge lounge, a fitness room, and beautiful event spaces including a 4,500 square-foot grand ballroom. The property also showcases a one-of-a-kind destination restaurant, Eldr+Rime.