Posted January 14, 2022
Your Path Begins Here
At Renaissance Hotels, inspiration comes from the unexpected. Embrace spontaneity and discovery, and celebrate connection with the destination. Join a welcoming and motivated team of Ambassadors who embody the spirit and style of the local neighborhood.
Renaissance Milwaukee West, a new premium distinctive hotel is seeking an energized and curious minded Catering Sales Manager to join our Sales and Marketing Team!
The hotel is managed by Concord Hospitality Enterprises, one of the most respected franchisees in the industry. At Concord, we strive to create a culture that allows us to attract and retain the best people in the industry. It’s that culture that has built the outstanding team and has made us the successful company we are today.
Here are some of the great benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Same-Day Pay Option
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance with multiple plan choices
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group life insurance (provided by the company)
- Short-term disability insurance (provided by the company)
- Voluntary life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with company contribution – free money!
- Hotel discounts worldwide
- Exclusive discounts on concert tickets, theme park passes, rental cars, and more
- Verizon wireless discount
- Free parking in structure and easy access to public transportation
- Complimentary and discounted food and beverage
- Deeply discounted dry clean services
- Personal and professional developmental opportunities; classroom training, online training, and educational assistance program
- Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, manage, coordinate, and execute all details and aspects of events and groups turned over by the Sales Department. Effectively and efficiently convey all necessary information to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times.
- Effectively and efficiently monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details.
- Service booked events, in support of the Event Operations Manager, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with entire hotel operations in a unified way; one that fosters teamwork and embodies a flexible, creative, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to internal partners and external clients; deliver clear and concise communication representative of Concord and hotel brand.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation, and proactive planning with a keen focus on detail.
- Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group including but not limited to: room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group resumes, event orders, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and beverage and food revenues; understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of hotel’s beverage and food products, pricing and presentation, function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales processes and understand hotel’s sales strategies (i.e. marketing plans, rates, budgeted goals). Utilize tools and resources to aid in attaining established group and personal activity and revenue goals.
- Prepare for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and other communications required for this position.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Event Manager experience in a full-service hotel.
- Marriott experience a plus.
- Flexible availability (including nights and weekends) required.
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. We hire the best associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment for all. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
2300 North Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
The premium distinctive,196-room hotel includes amenities such as a concierge lounge, a fitness room, and beautiful event spaces including a 4,500 square-foot grand ballroom. The property also showcases a one-of-a-kind destination restaurant, Eldr+Rime.