Sales Manager - Marriott Crabtree Valley - Raleigh, NC
Posted January 14, 2022
Sales Manager to join our team of hospitality professionals at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley.
SUMMARY: Develop and foster Group and Catering business for the hotel through proactive and reactive sales efforts. This position is designed to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction to external clients and internal partners with the goal of garnering both repeat and referral business from client base. In addition to maintaining existing business, this position will be responsible for finding new business and saturating existing accounts and/or segments. This positions serves as liaison between the customer, the Sales team and the Event Management team.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers, and deliver clear and concise communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail.
- Satisfactorily maintain existing assigned accounts/segments, and work diligently to develop new business for hotel.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate all aspects of booking the groups: Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group -- including but not limited to -- room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, billing details, and other integral aspects of groups and events.
- Be willing and able to attend customer functions as needed including travel.
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Gain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Consistently attain sales activity goals and individual revenue goals including -- but not limited to -- proactive and reactive calls, tours and appointments required for this position, as outlined by Concord, your RVPSM, and your supervisor.
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales processes (i.e. Delphi, CI/TY, PMS, sales call process, etc.) and understand the hotel’s sales strategies (i.e. Marketing Plan, rates, budgeted goals, etc.).
- Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Prepare for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and other communications required for this position.
- Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that fosters team work -- and embody an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek to comply with company’s policies and procedures.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
- Competitive Pay Great Benefits after 7 days including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
- 401K Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
- Hotel Employee Discounts at other Marriott and Concord operated hotels
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
- Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs – take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
4500 Marriott Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612
Telephone (919) 781-7000
Our contemporary hotel has been entirely reborn, including sleek guest rooms, enticing public spaces, 21,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and a well-equipped fitness center. Guests can maximize relaxation in our modern guest rooms, which feature amenities such as smart TV’s with Netflix and upgradeable Wi-Fi. Following a rejuvenating night on our luxurious bedding, we invite our guests to wake up and indulge at our BRAISE Contemporary Southern restaurant. BRAISE serves an unforgettable breakfast buffet, southern fusion lunch and dinner, as well as specialty cocktails in the lounge. Weddings shine in our ballrooms and our catering is nothing short of delectable. Our hotel puts visitors within easy reach of desirable shopping at Crabtree Valley Mall, downtown restaurants, PNC Arena and North Carolina State University.