Catering Sales Manager
Posted January 9, 2022
Now Hiring: Catering Sales Manager
Being the Catering Sales Manager at a Concord Hospitality property means you hold an important key to the hotel’s success. You will develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel for functions and events surrounded around our hotel’s meeting and event space. Our Catering Sales Managers are designated outside sales roles with 50% of their time being out of office conducting sales calls. You also are the key contact for events at the hotel utilizing of various meeting/event spaces to market to groups and corporate for meetings and catered events. Candidates should be familiar with marketing plans, action plan creation as well as working with both revenue and sales call goals…
Job Purpose: Generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
1. Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer’s needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
2. Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
3. Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer’s needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer’s expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
4. Present potential business at sales meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client’s expectations.
5. Finalize and detail catering plans for groups and communicate effectively. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
6. Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
7. Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
8. Maintain account files in Delphi software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
5. Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
Experience: Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
At Concord Hospitality, our Catering Sales Managers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative quarterly bonus plans, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of GREAT PLACES TO WORK as well as our recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for Millennials and Great Places to Work for Women!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free work environment
2104 East State HWY 114
Southlake, TX 76092
Telephone (817) 329-1010
The brand new Cambria Southlake DFW North is a full service hotel thoughtfully designed for how you work, how you play, and how you live. Experience the best Southlake, TX has to offer at the all new Cambria hotel near the DFW airport.
The Cambria Southlake DFW North provides its own unique twist on travel to make your visit one-of-a-kind. Leave your room behind for a bite at Social Circle Bistro, relax under the stars next to an outdoor fire pit, and savor the tastes of fresh local food, wine, and craft beer. The moment you step through the doors and this becomes your hotel.