Human Resources Director at our new and exclusive Dorian Hotel, located in Calgary!
Posted January 6, 2022
Working with established Concord Hospitality Operating Procedures, our Human Resources Director has total responsibility for the Human Resource function in the hotels. While leading by example, this role oversees all aspects and concerns related to the operational, legal, financial, strategic and functional oversight of our employees and culture.
- Ensure an inclusive, safe and productive workplace exists for all Associates by overseeing hotel adherence to Alberta employment standards, the Alberta Human Rights act, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety act, and Concord Hospitality operating standards.
- Lead and oversee the hotel recruitment process. The HRD creates and implements novel programs to ensure the hotel is sourcing talent appropriate to the hotel's needs and culture. This includes monitoring forecasts to contribute to understanding the hotels' EFTE requirements
- Ensures all hiring managers are utilizing Concord Hospitality tools and systems efficiently and properly
- Develops all strategies related to the Human Resource function at the hotels
- Ensure the compensation and benefits policies are carried out according to Concord Hospitality operating procedures.
- Monitors recruitment outcomes with an eye for success and efficiency
- Develop a talent development program that supports Associate's career development and future needs, including succession and planning.
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Coordinates the performance review process at the hotel
- Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Serves as a critical change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
- Champions the hotels' recognition and reward programs
- Monitors all expenses related to Human Resources and submits annual budget considerations
525 5th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3R7
More than Calgary’s newest luxe hotel, The Dorian will reflect – and help define – the best the city has to offer. Vibrant and contemporary, yet warm and friendly – the combination of design-forward architecture and tailored guest experiences will place it among the best hotels in the world, boosting Calgary’s growing reputation as a must-see international destination.
The Dorian will be two hotels in one beautiful tower. The upper-portion Autograph will blend modern luxury with British whimsy and local flavour, including Calgary’s first 27th floor lobby complete with resto-lounge and rooftop patio. The lower-portion Courtyard will cater to sophisticated urban adventurers and business professionals seeking more for their travel dollars. More than anything, The Dorian will be a hotel with a soul. One that cares about its community, and connecting guests with memorable, warm, and fun Calgary people and experiences.