Catering Sales Manager
Posted October 14, 2021
The Alloy a DoubleTree by Hilton located in bustling King of Prussia, PA is hiring a Catering & Sales Manager to join our growing Sales team! This position is an Overtime Eligible Manager role (OEM).
The primary responsibility for this role is to sell and detail social and corporate catering events with and without guest rooms for the hotel. Role will average 50% corporate group bookings and 50% social events.
- Position requires the manager to be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends to oversee the execution of your events. During peak social seasons, catering sales manager can expect their work schedule to fluctuate between a Monday – Friday schedule to a Tuesday – Saturday schedule.
- Primary sales efforts are in selling guest rooms, banquet food & beverage, upsell previously contracted groups turned over to the CSM, and maximizing hotel revenues.
- Negotiate with clients, meetings and other functions, all arrangements, suggesting menus, bar set up, room arrangements as per policy and procedure. On completion of negotiations, inform other departments of arrangements in writing which are necessary to assure success of the function.
- Daily solicitation for new business, contract negotiation and review, coordinating local marketing efforts and facilitating a high level of communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service for each catering event and other duties as assigned.
- Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
- Inform appropriate management team members promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Train and supervise other associates as directed by management.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternate solutions.
- Uses his/her personal judgment to integrated current trends in event management and event design.
- To solicit banquet and catering sales by telephone and personal contact.
- Works closely with our sales team for all catering functions to insure maximum utilization of facilities.
- Works to continuously improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Performs all other duties as required by the General Manager.
- Maintain budgeted sales quotas.
- Create new ideas to increase catering revenue during low demand periods.
- Finalize details on Banquet Event Order Sheets by making customer contact, receiving finalized program and publishing BEO’s for distribution.
- Offer personalized service to all groups in hotel. Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner, at all times maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Solicit future business from current and past customers.
- Set example of proper attitude and performance, maintaining appositive attitude toward the hotel and the job being performed.
- Create and maintain team work by maintaining a cooperative team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow associates (both within the department and in other hotel departments) to help achieve our common goals of maximizing guest satisfaction and profit margins.
- Delegate responsibilities to banquet captain when applicable.
- Complete all assignments by assigned due dates.
- Establish and review plans and actions on a quarterly basis and update as needed. Establish sound objectives and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Operate within corporate and property standard policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed own booking goals, appointment goals and solicitation goals each month by talking and personally meeting with customers to sell hotel function space.
- Maintain records on cancellations and turndown report, analyzes these reports quarterly.
- Review future bookings with Sales and Marketing/Revenue Management team weekly.
- Promptly respond to correspondence from customers, prospects and corporate offices relating to catering/sales activities.
- Maintain catering/sales account database in accordance with standards set by Management Company and ensure compliance with the properties specific requirements.
- Provide site tours to potential customers of the hotel’s banquet facilities.
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event order meeting, room block review, Pre/Post convention meeting, etc.)
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering and be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment as it relates to these departments when handling guest complaints, employee issues, or other matters of significance.
Experience: Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Benefits (Full Time Associates only)
At Concord Hospitality, our Catering Sales Managers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
301 West DeKalb Pike
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Telephone (610) 337-1200
Modern Comfort Meets Historic Luxury
Join us at the Alloy, where lavish amenities and utmost comfort is never far out of reach. Experience a fusion of modern and historic touches in every stylish detail. Our guest rooms are complete with luxurious linens and elegant touches that are guaranteed to make you feel right at home and recharged in no time.