Posted September 19, 2021
The ideal candidate will supervise the culinary function in absence of the Executive Chef/Banquet Chef as follows: to oversee the functions of the kitchen; purchasing, presentation, and quality of food; hiring, training, and development of associates; financial status and pleasing guests by producing the best food with the culinary skills.
- Train all associates in the kitchen how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities, including plate presentation, display work and all other areas that associates need to learn and grow in their position;
- Write schedules, evaluate, and direct all personnel: Keep open verbal and written communication between the management and associates, and provide associates with the tools and equipment needed to successfully execute their duties;
- Ensure that all food served is of high quality, properly prepared according to recipe and expedited to all outlets in a smooth and efficient manner;
- Assist in the establishment of goals, standards, and objectives, which will further the prestige and reputation of the organization as well as result in a more profitable operation. Supervise the entire kitchen staff in the absence of the Executive Chef. Also, all utility and sanitation associates; and to provide supervisory guidance, aid and counsel for all kitchen associates;
- Ensures payroll hours are submitted to the Accounting Department on a timely basis;
- Ensures proper staffing of entire kitchen for adequate coverage without man-hours being wasted;
- Communicates any areas of opportunity areas with recommended alternatives to the Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Director for discussion and possible solution. Communicates daily with the Banquet Chef and Executive Chef to assure smooth continuous operation.
Needed to be successful in this position
- A minimum of four years in preparatory role, or prior experience as a sous chef;
- An expert-level understanding on the working of a full-service kitchen;
- THE ultimate team-player.
Our Benefits (applies to Full-time Associates ONLY)
- Competitive Pay.
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental.
- Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability programs.
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
- Discounted travel program.
- Verizon Wireless discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of Great Place to Work® as well as our recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for millennials, and for women!
We are, all, proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V and maintain a drug-free work environment.
*Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
251 North Narcissus Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone (561) 655-4001
Offering prime views of the Palm Harbor Marina and Intracoastal Waterway, The Ben, Autograph Collection hotel channels the spirit of one of West Palm Beach’s great homes and interprets it for a modern traveler. Amenities include a stunning rooftop lounge with an expansive swimming pool and bar. Walk to all of the vibrant entertainment just one block from famous Clematis Street, minutes to West Palm’s “Main Street,” and lifestyle hub Rosemary Square. This luxury boutique hotel ideally located in West Palm Beach is just 1.5 miles to Palm Beach Atlantic University. The Ben is a forum for shared experiences and social interactions that enliven and invigorate, spurring patrons to flourish and grow. Guest rooms and suites offer thoughtful amenities for a relaxing stay like mini-bar, 55" Smart HDTV and complimentary WiFi. Grab a book to read from our carefully curated library, stay fit in our extensive fitness center or enjoy the beautiful rooftop pool. Host your event in over 7,800 sq ft of event space.