Sales & Catering Manager
Posted May 3, 2021
Now Hiring: Sales & Catering Manager
- Primary responsibility is to sell and detail social and corporate catering events with and without guest rooms for the hotel. Role will average 50% corporate group bookings and 50% social events.
- Position requires the manager to be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends to oversee the execution of your events. During peak social seasons, catering sales manager can expect their work schedule to fluctuate between a Monday – Friday schedule to a Tuesday – Saturday schedule.
- Primary sales efforts are in selling guest rooms, banquet food & beverage, upsell previously contracted groups turned over to the CSM, and maximizing hotel revenues.
- Negotiate with clients, meetings and other functions, all arrangements, suggesting menus, bar set up, room arrangements as per policy and procedure. On completion of negotiations, inform other departments of arrangements in writing which are necessary to assure success of the function.
- Daily solicitation for new business, contract negotiation and review, coordinating local marketing efforts and facilitating a high level of communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service for each catering event and other duties as assigned.
- Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
- Inform appropriate management team members promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Train and supervise other associates as directed by management.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternate solutions.
- Uses his/her personal judgment to integrated current trends in event management and event design.
- To solicit banquet and catering sales by telephone and personal contact.
- Works closely with our sales team for all catering functions to insure maximum utilization of facilities.
- Works to continuously improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Performs all other duties as required by the General Manager.
- Maintain budgeted sales quotas.
- Create new ideas to increase catering revenue during low demand periods.
- Finalize details on Banquet Event Order Sheets by making customer contact, receiving finalized program and publishing BEO’s for distribution.
- Offer personalized service to all groups in hotel. Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner, at all times maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Solicit future business from current and past customers.
- Set example of proper attitude and performance, maintaining appositive attitude toward the hotel and the job being performed.
- Create and maintain team work by maintaining a cooperative team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow associates (both within the department and in other hotel departments) to help achieve our common goals of maximizing guest satisfaction and profit margins.
- Delegate responsibilities to banquet captain when applicable.
- Complete all assignments by assigned due dates.
- Establish and review plans and actions on a quarterly basis and update as needed. Establish sound objectives and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Operate within corporate and property standard policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed own booking goals, appointment goals and solicitation goals each month by talking and personally meeting with customers to sell hotel function space.
- Maintain records on cancellations and turndown report, analyzes these reports quarterly.
- Review future bookings with Sales and Marketing/Revenue Management team weekly.
- Promptly respond to correspondence from customers, prospects and corporate offices relating to catering/sales activities.
- Maintain catering/sales account database in accordance with standards set by Management Company and ensure compliance with the properties specific requirements.
- Provide site tours to potential customers of the hotel’s banquet facilities.
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event order meeting, room block review, Pre/Post convention meeting, etc.)
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering and be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment as it relates to these departments when handling guest complaints, employee issues, or other matters of significance.
Experience: Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
At Concord Hospitality, our Catering Sales Managers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative quarterly bonus plans, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of GREAT PLACES TO WORK as well as our recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for Millennials and Great Places to Work for Women!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free work environment
4100 Main at North Hills Street
Raleigh, NC 27609
Telephone (919) 571-8773
Our whimsical design ushers the inside/out and work/play concept into one beautifully chic, highly functional, truly Raleigh experience which mirrors its ideal location centered within Midtown and the bustling North Hills neighborhood. Our unique hotel has been completely transformed, including modernized guest rooms and suites, a total lobby transformation, rebranded restaurant, and renovated events space. Guest rooms feature amenities such as custom duvets and artful décor. Guests can unwind and enjoy a craft cocktail or house-aged whiskey in the lounge or grab a bite in our 41Hundred restaurant. The Renaissance Ballroom and conference rooms have been completely updated and can accommodate up to 600 people.