Posted April 23, 2021
The Event Manager helps manage, coordinate, and execute all details and aspects of the event and groups turned over by the Sales Department and assigned to the Event Manager. This position will be required to convey all necessary information for each group and event in order to ensure the customer satisfaction.
· Deliver a successful experience for the planner and attendees with the goal of garnering both repeat and referral business.
· Prepared and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, and other communications.
· Prepare and participate in client site visits, tasting panels, pre- and post-cons planning meetings, networking, and other customer-centric meetings.
· Monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details: track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group -- including but not limited to -- room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group resumes, event orders and BEO’s, billing details, and other integral aspects of groups and events.
· Accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
· Maintain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
· Learn and use digital sales systems (i.e. Delphi, CI/TY, PMS, etc.) and understand the hotel’s revenue strategies (i.e. product pricing, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
· Able to attend customer functions as needed. This may require working varying schedules and at varying locations required by needs of the business.
· Ability to work in a team environment, sometimes as a team leader.
· Excellent time management, self-motivation, and organizationally savvy with a keen focus on details.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
Working for Concord:
Concord Hospitality invests in its associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. We realize our associates are the foundation to our business, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist. Concord is built on five cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and FUN! We encourage diversity and belonging and appreciate that we all are different and our differences are what make us great! We have been recognized as a Top 100 Company for women and millennials. Our associates say it best with our national company cheer heard throughout North America --- “We Are Concord!”
If you are a proven leader, looking for a growing, award-winning company to showcase your talents, ready to lead an amazing brand in a great thriving location…..we may be the perfect fit.
Pay range: $48,900 - $61,125
409 Altair Parkway
Westerville, OH 43082
Telephone (614) 882-6800
Whether you are traveling to Columbus for work or for fun, the new Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris hotel is the ready to help visitors create lasting memories. Guests embrace total comfort in spacious rooms and suites, well-appointed with contemporary amenities and deluxe bedding. We invite our guests to recharge and reconnect with a specialty cocktail at our lounge and restaurant with sweeping views of our natural surroundings. Ideally located in Westerville which offers a Hometown feel, while still being just minutes from everything that Columbus has to offer. We offer a convenient location to Polaris Fashion Center, Easton Town Center, Downtown Columbus, Nationwide Arena and the Columbus Convention Center. We also offer a pool, high-speed wireless internet and an attentive staff, who can help guests plan their day around Westerville and Columbus.