Posted April 6, 2021
• Utilize and follow all safety and security procedures, as maintain operations standards in housekeeping, maintenance, sales and front office.
• Know all hotel emergency procedures and demonstrate and train all associates on them. Inform management of any safety hazards.
• Perform guest room preventative maintenance according to operational standard guidelines.
• Keep accurate records and logs of work performed.
• Remedy guests and associate’s requests and complaints efficiently.
• Responsible for proper administration for key control.
• Routinely conduct property/security walks.
• Monitor and keep systems in place to control costs.
• Provide ongoing training for troubleshooting property issues, with team.
• Perform minor electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance.
• Handle guest room repair issues, including caulking, LVT repair, painting, plumbing, etc.
* KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace in order to facilitate the communication process.
• Team player.
• Possesses basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and sales-related skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Good multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
• Able to determine needs for contract repair services.
• Ability to be readily available if there is an emergency.
* PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED; or six or more months related experience
• 3+ years of basic building maintenance.
$15 per hour
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The noise level is usually moderate.
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Simply a better way to live away!
Whether you call WoodSpring Suites "home" for just a few days or much longer, you can rely on us to provide you with a simple, reasonable, down-to-earth experience. From the moment you book your room, throughout your entire stay, and after - you can count on the friendly WoodSpring Suites staff to treat you well - like a guest in their own home. Making every guest feel good about their stay starts with our promise to keep everything "simple" and hassle-free.