Catering Sales Manager
Posted April 9, 2021
Now Hiring: Catering Sales Manager
Being the Catering Sales Manager at a Concord Hospitality property means you hold an important key to the hotel’s success. You will develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel for functions and events surrounded around our hotel’s meeting and event space. Our Catering Sales Managers are designated outside sales roles with 50% of their time being out of office conducting sales calls. You also are the key contact for events at the hotel utilizing of various meeting/event spaces to market to groups and corporate for meetings and catered events. Candidates should be familiar with marketing plans, action plan creation as well as working with both revenue and sales call goals…
Job Purpose: Generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
1. Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer’s needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
2. Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
3. Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer’s needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer’s expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
4. Present potential business at sales meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client’s expectations.
5. Finalize and detail catering plans for groups and communicate effectively. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
6. Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
7. Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
8. Maintain account files in Delphi software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
5. Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
Experience: Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
At Concord Hospitality, our Catering Sales Managers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative quarterly bonus plans, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of GREAT PLACES TO WORK as well as our recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for Millennials and Great Places to Work for Women!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free work environment
4386 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30341
Telephone (770) 457-6363
AT A GLANCE
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody. Sitting in the heart of The Perimeter Center, just footsteps from Perimeter Mall, our hotel in Dunwoody, GA offers guests a stay right near the headquarters of many Fortune 500 companies such as UPS, COX Enterprises, and Home Depot, plus popular local attractions including Sun Trust Park! Eager travelers can make sure they get the most of their Atlanta getaway with complimentary shuttle service anywhere within a 5-mile radius. Once you get settled, dive into hearty southern comfort food at our onsite restaurant, The Southern Grove, or dive into the refreshingly-warm waters of our heated outdoor pool!
Perfect for work or play, our Dunwoody, GA hotel features spacious guest rooms complete with complimentary WiFi, generously sized workstations, 51-inch HDTVs, plus all the comforts of home including coffee makers, mini-fridges and more. Sleep soundly in cloud-like beds topped with down pillows and custom duvet covers. Elevate your experience with an upgrade to one of our stylish suites and enjoy even more room to relax with separate living rooms and even an extra half-bathroom for visitors.
Need a wedding venue in Dunwoody, GA? DoubleTree Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody offers 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space, including sophisticated meeting rooms, a grand ballroom and more! We proudly offer fully-customizable catering options, plenty of break out space, and business center support, so whether it's a wedding reception or a board meeting, make a lasting impression at DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody.