Posted April 5, 2021
The ideal candidate to apply is an individual passionate about service and driven by growth: Additionally, s/he must enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding—yet exciting environment. Read on for more details about this exciting opportunity! The Accounting Assistant’s role is to assist the property accountant in the daily, monthly, and annual accounting processes for an assigned group of hotels.
Experience with PVNG accounting software, Lightspeed PMS, and MICROS POS is highly preferable.
Accounts Payable Management:
- Verify accuracy of invoices entered in the system as to amount, general ledger coding, date, vendor name and address, terms, and proper approval. Make all necessary changes to postings in accounts payable as directed by the property accountant.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and payment requests promptly.
- Maintain complete and accurate paid invoice files by vendor.
- Oversee the accounts payable processing in the field.
- Process manual payments as directed by property accountant.
- Maintain assigned bank reconciliation’s on a current basis.
- Report any significant variances immediately to Property Controller.
Daily Revenue Reports:
- Review, correct, and post daily revenue journals on a daily basis.
- Assist property accountant with period end financial reports and closings as directed.
Needed to be successful in this position
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and pertinent hotel information.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS —
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience, a high school diploma (or equivalent).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
At each turn, Concord prides itself on five cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and #Fun. The associates of Concord believe in a strong culture with focus on Health and Wellness, Sustainability, and Work/Life Balance:
Our Benefits (applies to Full-time Associates ONLY)
- Competitive Pay;
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental;
- 401(k) Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
- Discounted hotel room night program (Concord, & Marriott);
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary;
- Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability programs;
- Verizon Wireless discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of Great Place to Work® as well as recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for millennials, and for women!
Proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V and maintain a drug-free work environment.
*Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
251 North Narcissus Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone (561) 655-4001
Offering prime views of the Palm Harbor Marina and Intracoastal Waterway, The Ben, Autograph Collection hotel channels the spirit of one of West Palm Beach’s great homes and interprets it for a modern traveler. Amenities include a stunning rooftop lounge with an expansive swimming pool and bar. Walk to all of the vibrant entertainment just one block from famous Clematis Street, minutes to West Palm’s “Main Street,” and lifestyle hub Rosemary Square. This luxury boutique hotel ideally located in West Palm Beach is just 1.5 miles to Palm Beach Atlantic University. The Ben is a forum for shared experiences and social interactions that enliven and invigorate, spurring patrons to flourish and grow. Guest rooms and suites offer thoughtful amenities for a relaxing stay like mini-bar, 55" Smart HDTV and complimentary WiFi. Grab a book to read from our carefully curated library, stay fit in our extensive fitness center or enjoy the beautiful rooftop pool. Host your event in over 7,800 sq ft of event space.