Posted October 16, 2020
Being Our OPENING EXECUTIVE CHEF
The Executive Chef has total responsibility for the main kitchen, banquets, and culinary staff for leading these areas. The Executive Chef is responsible for leading by example and developing their staff as assets for the hotel. They direct food preparation, productions and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities at the hotel and ensure that the kitchen provides fresh, appealing, properly flavored foods while focusing on food costs.
As Executive Chef you will be:
• Responsible for the development and enhancement of the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products and menu concepts.
• Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
• Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensure that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest’s expectations. Participate in long range planning.
• Responsible for the selection, training, and development of the personnel within the department; planning, assigning and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; safety; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and overseeing departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
• Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Develop and implement guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
• Establish goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Communicate the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manage department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
• Work closely with vendors to obtain the highest quality offerings at the most reasonable price.
• Provide direction for menu development.
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognize superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Empower employees to provide excellent customer service. Establish guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensure employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major kitchen/restaurant operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections.
• High school diploma or GED
• 6 years of experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Ability to create marketing strategies and promotional menu items with Chef to increase business volumes.
• Must have a positive attitude at all times and serve a leader on the hotel’s Leadership Group
Why Concord Hospitality?
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest – having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you. If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
• Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only) – Manager Benefits start 7 days after first day!
• Competitive Pay aligned with the local market
• Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
• 401K Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
• Complimentary Hotel Room Night Program – Receive 7 free nights a year
• Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
• Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
• Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs – take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
• Great company growth means opportunities to advance and move to many great places across the country or grow in your own city! We support our associates inner need to expand their careers and provide you the guidance to do so!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
1 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102