Posted May 16, 2019
Now Hiring: Front Desk/Guest Services Manager
This is an opportunity to put your stamp on a brand new prototype hotel that is scheduled to open in downtown Milwaukee in August of 2019. This position is the go-to operations person for the hotel as we are not staffing an AGM
We are looking for associates and leaders that have a passion to serve others! Working at the front desk means you are at the hub of the hotel with the most interaction with our guests as the front desk manager you are the one that brings this group to a cohesive team focused on providing our guests excellent service while maintaining all brand standards and Concord standards. Your role is key to the overall experience the guest will have. Your keen sense of being proactive, responsive and caring will make all the difference. If you enjoy engaging with others, leading a team and have a winning personality and high sense of responsibility – this role is perfect for you! We have a great company culture at Concord Hospitality where everyone is valued and treated with respect.
Here are some reasons our associates like working with us:
Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
401K Retirement Program with substantial company contribution
Complimentary Hotel Room Night Program – Receive 7 free nights a year
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Concord Provides great development through classroom training and online through our Learning Management System (LMS),
The Guest Services Manager/Front Desk Manager is responsible for the success of the front desk, for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met, and for managing all areas of the hotel according to brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Displays exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Essential Job Functions :
Front Desk Management
• Acts as manager on duty for hotel and manages front desk operations.
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and computer systems.
• Leads and assists in Revenue Management functions as requested. Actively participates in conference calls with Corporate Management and any calls with brand revenue management centers
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables.
• Produce accurate financial reports on time.
• Works with the General Manager and Sales Manager / DOS to generate new business ideas to increase sales, set up rate codes and input rooming lists
• Manages human resources functions, including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk work force.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
• Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
• Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
• Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security
• Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards in the hotel, such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognizes and corrects potential security problems in the hotel, such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others follow them.
• Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
• Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs. Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
• Has acceptable property quality audits.
• Periodically inspect rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest – having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
Hourly rate of $25 - $29 depending on experience.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
Cambria Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
132 Room Hotel
Opening August 2019
503 North Plankinton
Milwaukee, WI 53203