Posted April 16, 2019
Responsible for the Maintenance Department Operations, ensuring company standards are adhered to. Duties are inclusive of preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Training, motivation development, and review of all engineering staff, keeping in step with our company's objective of the professional development of our associates, and a positive work environment. It is important that the Chief Engineer understands all functions of his/her staff, and can complete those functions in the associates absence
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance. Review any problems with the PM mechanic and recheck room/suite before releasing to Housekeeping/Front Office.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies. Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Repair HVAC as required and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required.
- Repair appliances as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check Smoke Alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on equipment is done. This is including, but not limited to laundry equipment, heating, and air condition units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, fire equipment and plumbing. These are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Ensure swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department Regulations
- Maintain the hotel grounds, curb appeal, and building exteriors consistently.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each brand criteria are met.
- Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest and associate needs.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests. Constant and effective communication required.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns.
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety, and life safety precautions.
- Establish department communication and information systems through all forms of communications, including logs, department meetings, coaching and counseling.
- Communication changes in suite/room status with the Front Desk and Housekeeping.
- Answer guest questions regarding hotels and local area facilities and services.
- Ensure that three quotes are received for any repairs that cannot be made property level.
- Ensure all standards are adhered to at all times.
- Any reasonable request by management that you are capable of performing.
- Comply with hotel policies and procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
105 Room Hotel
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami is the ideal destination for the modern explorer seeking the finest beach, endless exploration and social experience in a premier destination. Located on historic Collins Avenue, our Miami South Beach hotel is steps from the sand, shopping, nightlife and the famous thoroughfare, Ocean Drive.
Bring your four-legged friends with you on vacation and stay at our pet-friendly hotel in South Beach Miami.
The WOOFTOP is the first of its kind in the South Beach area. Even humans can kick back, enjoy a mutt mojito, bark collins or wooftini from Deck Sixteen while your furry best friend has a paw'some good 'ol time at the WOOFTOP!
WOOFTOP Deck: During your stay, pups can enjoy our dog park located on the 3rd floor rear pool deck. Water bowls, toys and sanitary bags provided complimentary. WOOFTOP Deck is open from sun up to sun down.
1600 Collins Avenue
Miami, FL 33139
Telephone (305) 428-1234