Posted April 2, 2019
Corporate Manager of Revenue Strategy
Our Corporate Manager of Revenue Strategy is a role that comes with great satisfaction! You are that person that loves theory, strategy and a challenge. You think “Out of the Box” and you are one that is inspired to be a problem solver. In this role you’ll be executing analysis activities focusing on revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel(s) rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster of assigned hotels. You will assist in development and use of analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit. Position is accountable for preparing forecasts, budgets and projections. Position contributes to sales strategy, evaluates effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities. Serves as a demand expert to the Director of Sales and General Manager as well as the Regional Vice Presidents of Sales.
POSITION offers work from home capability or chosen candidate could work from the Raleigh Corporate Headquarters - We have analysis that work all over the country as well as at our Headquarters in North Carolina. MUST have 4-5 Years Direct Revenue Management Experience with Multiple Assets and preference of experience with minimum of 2 Hotel Systems (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice).
(home office workers must have ability to have suitable work space at home for efficiency, privacy, and accessibility) Workspace equipment provided: Computer, Printer, Internet service, and supplies.
SUMMARY: Will be responsible to effectively maintain daily contact with hotels to provide revenue management strategies in an effort to drive market share premiums at our hotels. This position will ensure proper use of revenue tools and systems to maintain the company database, and provide company-wide revenue reporting.
- Participate via Goto Meeting in weekly Sales Strategy Meetings utilizing Concord and Brand Revenue Systems and Tools. Examples include One Yield, MRDW reports, MarRFP, Marsha, MarketVision, Hotelligence, OnQ R&I, Key Hotel Marketing Reports, etc… Challenged hotels will have a key focus throughout the day. Managing revenue by segment with key initiatives against each will be the cornerstone to consistent goal achievement.
- Morning Review to include a system review of daily pickup, turndowns, market pricing, inventory strategies, and demand pattern changes. Daily communicate is to occur with a morning email as well as any discussion necessary with Corporate Sales Team, General Managers, Regional VP of Operations, and Hotel Sales Teams as it relates to adjusting strategies relative to demand changes.
- Maintain a weekly transient pace that extends out 60 days and is stored on the company database. Include the pace report in the weekly revenue meeting for analysis of trends.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the local economy and how national changes are affecting travel patterns. Airport properties to include monthly assessment of airport passenger traffic.
- Provide a day by day forecast recommendation, transient and group subtotals, 30-60-90-120-150-180 days twice per month.
- Execute displacement model for large programs, ie: 6 months or longer, to make sound decisions.
- Ensure that all hotels understand their Ecommerce position in terms of merchant, retail, opaque or bundled status. Relationships with market managers should be owned by Revenue Analyst with insight given to hotels for improved performance. Work directly with Concord Ecommerce partners to understand any SEO or PPC initiatives in place.
- Mentor the hotel on effective package creation including partners in the community, value offerings, and seasonal demand generation.
- Review the month end brand Reservations reports to identify any challenges to the booking process from the respective ARSO office.
- Review the GDS Recon tool (HT360 report or Demand Agency) monthly to identify a minimum of 10 target accounts to be worked on throughout the month in combination with other sales leaders goals.
- Understand all current brand promotions to identify which ones would best fit the current hotel strategy objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate, and REVPAR goals of each hotel including ranking and penetration goals. Be aware of key strategies that drive performance in each area.
- Monitor the various brands RFP Process to ensure timely participation and effective account execution relative to pricing, pattern, and production.
- Maintain basic knowledge of PMS systems and reporting for all hotels that relate to revenue reporting in order to ensure accurate segment tracking, package setup and adjustment tracking.
- Provide support and monthly critiques for all hotels not meeting Concord Hospitality revenue standards (Yield Index decrease of 6% or greater, or as defined by the VP of Sales & Marketing), this should include both revenue management insight as well as direct sales improvements.
- Actively participate in assisting with the organization, and presentation roll-out for company meetings and conferences such as the General Manager Conference, Sales conferences and Regional type meetings.
- Must be able to maintain positive and constructive relationships with Hotels Leaders, Regional Teams, Corporate staff, and all Brand Liaisons.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Assist with the Marketing Plan relative to Revenue Management Statistics. Monitor action plans objectives relative to hotel defined strategy in order to meet financial objectives quarterly. Ensure that strategies are aligned with the needs of the hotel and demand trends in the market. Ensure the special event all hotels calendar is updated. (Interdept Calendar
- Review of DaySTAR and monthly STAR reports for analytical assessment with Corp Sales team to track effectiveness of current sales initiatives.
- Ensure that the GRC totals in Delphi are in parity with group data in the CRS systems. Identify any variances that need to be researched by DOS.
- Travel to hotel markets upon transitioning a new hotel into the Analyst region to better understand market positions of hotels and build solid relationships with hotel and market leaders.
- Provide STAR and Market analysis and information for future potential hotel development.
- Assist with updating the Concord Home – Sales page and maintain proper records on the Concord Intranet site.
- Attend any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by your Supervisor.
- Carry out any reasonable request by Management that you are capable of performing and assist other Concord Departments when required.
- Some travel will be required; expectation is % of time may result in travel.
- Represent Concord Hospitality and any other hotels once developed, in a professional manner at all times.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Concord Hospitality Enterprises
Careers and Hospitality Job Opportunities with Concord
Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company is an award-winning hotel management and development company. Through the combined efforts of over 4,200 hard working and focused associates, Concord offers a unique blend of entrepreneurship, seasoned experience, innovation and technical excellence. These elements create a company equipped to produce above-standard returns, market sustainability and a partnership well worth investing in.
Since Concord's inception in 1985, our success has been guided by our cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and Fun. These cornerstones are the indispensible and fundamental basis of our daily actions. Our commitment to these cornerstones has led us to be recognized as the respected hospitality company that we are.
Concord is one of North America's largest hotel management and hotel development companies. Concord's passion for success has resulted in over twenty years of proven results as a hotel owner, manager, and developer of mid market and first class hotel properties. Concord's goal is to create value for its partners and associates by leveraging its operations, development, sales & marketing, technology, accounting, and management skills over its growing portfolio of first-class business hotels.
Concord has experienced sustained growth of a remarkable 35% annually for three years in a row and with over half a billion in new hotel projects in the pipeline, that number is projected to increase noticeably. Additionally, Concord is expanding its portfolio through third party management contracts with leading brand partners such as Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, Choice and Intercontinental Hotels. These growth opportunities have presented themselves to Concord based on our strong relationships with investment partners.
11410 Common Oaks Drive
Raleigh, NC 27614
Telephone (919) 455-2900