Posted April 5, 2019
Develop and foster business for the hotel through proactive and reactive sales efforts. This is an advanced position designed to provide support to the Director of Sales in the oversight of the catering and sales team in conjunction with managing the position’s sales responsibilities. In addition to maintaining existing business, this position will be responsible for finding new business and saturating existing accounts and/or segments. This positions serves as liaison between the customer, the Sales team and the other departments in the hotel.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers, and deliver clear and concise communiqué that is representative of Concord Hospitality via all avenues of communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail.
- Satisfactorily maintain existing assigned accounts/segments, and work diligently to develop new business for hotel.
- Effectively and efficiently monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details: Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned account, group or event.
- Assist with projects, reports, training, coaching, performance evaluation and supervision of employees as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager (if applicable).
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Gain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Consistently attain sales activity goals and individual revenue goals including -- but not limited to -- proactive and reactive calls, tours and appointments required for this position, as outlined by Concord, your RVPSM, and your supervisor.
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales processes (i.e. Delphi, CI/TY, PMS, sales call process, etc.) and understand the hotel’s sales strategies (i.e. Marketing Plan, rates, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Prepared for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and other communications required for this position.
- Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that fosters team work -- and embody an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Own career development for self and that of direct reports: Be a dedicated advocate for the training and job opportunities that will continue to hone and develop talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek to comply with company’s policies and procedures.
If you are seeking a rewarding position at a hotel you’ll be proud to sell with a company culture that assures you that YOU MATTER…than Concord Hospitality is your ticket to career growth. Apply today and learn more.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Hyatt House Jersey City
259 Room Extended Stay
Your New Favorite Getaway in Jersey City
Hyatt House Jersey City is a residentially inspired, extended-stay hotel in Jersey City with spacious and modern suites featuring home-like amenities. Appreciate the convenience of being minutes from Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty or a quick commute to the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. With Exchange Place District being right outside our door, dining and shopping is at your fingertips.
One Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Telephone (201) 395-0500