Posted January 6, 2019
Now Hiring: Event Meetings Manager
Being the Event Meetings Manager at a Concord Hospitality property means you hold an important key to the hotel’s success.y You will provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times. You will deliver a successful experience for the planner and attendees with the goal of garnering both repeat and referral business.
Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers, and deliver clear and concise communiqué that is representative of Concord Hospitality via all avenues of communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation, and be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on details.
- Prepared for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, and other communications required for this position. Also prepare for and participate in client site visits, tasting panels, pre- and post-cons planning meetings, networking, and other customer-centric meetings.
- Effectively and efficiently monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details: Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group -- including but not limited to -- room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group resumes, event orders and BEO’s, billing details, and other integral aspects of groups and events.
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Gain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success. Utilize this knowledge to upsell the client on additional food/beverage offerings, production equipment, rentals, etc. to achieve Hotel’s budgeted Catering revenue each month.
- Learn and use digital sales systems (i.e. Delphi, CI/TY, PMS, etc.) and understand the hotel’s revenue strategies (i.e. product pricing, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Due to the nature of groups and events, be willing and able to attend customer functions as needed. The Event Manager may be required to work varying schedules and at varying locations required by needs of the business.
- Most tasks performed by the EM are conducted independently and with minimal direct supervision, or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that fosters team work -- and adopt an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Work to consistently meet the goals and performance metrics as required for this position, as outlined by hotel brand, Concord, your Regional VPS, and your supervisor.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth
At Concord Hospitality, our Sales Manager’s earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative annual bonus plans with a quarterly payout, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities. We provide Revenue Management and Digital Marketing support as well as amazing training, growth opportunities and excellent leadership. Our sales manager can enhance their earnings using our Business Referral Incentive Plan rewarding you for business discovered for our other Concord properties! Salary Range for this role: $ based on experience.
If this award winning hotel with an award winning company in a growing fun city sounds like you!
What sets Concord apart is our passion for this business. We are established on 5 key cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and lastly FUN! Our company is huge proponents of training and development including our signature sales training – DST “Dynamic Sales Training” which all sales managers and Director of Sales attend in their first year in the company. Additionally we offer many avenues for growth including our online LMS training system, regional training, mentorship program, Thirsty Thursday web series, and more. At Concord, you’ll continue to grow every year in your career with us. And as one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in North America, our goal is to get you ready to grow into a Director of Sales role in your future – so we are looking for sales managers that want to expand their horizons!
If you are seeking a rewarding position at a hotel you’ll be proud to sell with a company culture that assures you that YOU MATTER…than Concord Hospitality is your ticket to career growth. Apply today and learn more.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
229 Room Hotel
Newly Renovated North Hills Hotel
Discover the power of art and the abundant beauty of the outdoors at the newly renovated Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel. Our whimsical new design ushers the inside/out and work/play concept into one beautifully chic, highly functional, truly Raleigh experience which mirrors its ideal location centered within Midtown and the bustling North Hills neighborhood. Our unique hotel has been completely transformed, including modernized guest rooms and suites, a total lobby transformation, rebranded restaurant, and freshly renovated events space. Guest rooms feature amenities such as custom duvets and artful décor. Unwind and enjoy a craft cocktail or house-aged whiskey in the lounge or grab a bite in the brand new 41Hundred restaurant. The Renaissance Ballroom and conference rooms have been completely updated and can accommodate up to 600 people. Step outside of the hotel and you will be fully immersed in the Triangle area’s premier shopping, dining, and entertainment destination.
4100 Main at North Hills Street
Raleigh, NC 27609
Telephone (919) 571-8773