Posted June 5, 2019
Now Hiring: Houseperson to assist Housekeeping Department
Housekeeping is the perfect department for someone who likes to clean, enjoys being active throughout the day, likes to make customers happy through their work, and thrives in a self- managed work situation. We have a great company culture at Concord Hospitality where everyone is valued and treated with respect.
Are you right for a Houseperson role? Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment.
As the Houseperson, you will:
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
- Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only)
- Competitive Pay
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
- 401K Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
- Complimentary Hotel Room Night Program – Receive 7 free nights a year
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
- Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs – take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest – having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer.
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
120 Room All Suite
This top rated Trip Advisor hotel is located less than 5 miles from Six Flags Great America Amusement Park and Gurnee Mills Shopping Mall and is within close proximity to Naval Station Great Lakes and major companies, including Abbott Laboratories, Abbvie, Amazon and Cardinal Health. Enjoy a spacious, stylish suite with modern amenities and separate spaces to work, relax and dream. Stay connected with property-wide, complimentary WiFi and start your day with a complimentary breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold breakfast fare. Energize at the on-site fitness center and unwind in our indoor pool or at our hotel bar, Escape. The courteous service and comfort of this SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan hotel will leave you anticipating your next visit. Six Flags tickets & packages available and Navy Graduation transportation provided.
4101 Fountain Square Place
Waukegan, IL 60085
Telephone (847) 688-9800